Are you ready to get lean and become stronger than ever? Then, you should definitely go full caveman and adopt the Paleo lifestyle. Going full Paleo is definitely not an easy thing to do, especially when it comes to eating the foods that you need to eat. The most common misconception is that going Paleo means you are stuck with eating dull foods. Well, it is only as dull as you’ll allow your meals to be. True Paleo practitioners will stock on the staples of the diet and whip up something delicious from them.
If you’re on Paleo diet, you should definitely stock up on these staple foods:
1. Free-range eggs – get lots and lots of eggs. They’re some of the cheapest protein sources that you can get in the market.
2. Nuts – if you have the budget for it, you should opt for macadamia nuts since they have the highest omega 3 and 6 profile. Cashews are also great for Paleo.
3. Fruits – you can get just about any fruit because they are all Paleo friendly. This is a good substitute for sweets for all those sweet tooth out there. Bananas, apples, avocados, mangoes, watermelon are all recommended.
4. Green leafy vegetables – veggies are an essential part of the Paleo lifestyle. Aside from all the usual benefits of vegetables, they are also your main source of carbs and fiber.
5. Fish – opt for fishes that are oily like salmon. You can bake, grill or pan-fry them once a week. There are plenty of Paleo fish recipes that you can find online. The benefits of Omega 3 are fantastic for your brain and body.
6. Fully pastured pork – go for a whole pork shoulder or leg and roast it slowly until it becomes tender. Make sure the pork is grass-fed and GMO free.
7. Free-range chicken – you can purchase your chicken whole or simply the thighs and wings. While you’re at it, other poultry like duck and turkey are fair game as well.
8. Beef – again, make sure that the beef is grass-fed. Buy in bulk and store them properly in the freezer. You can also go for beef jerky when snacking.
9. Tea and coffee – whip up a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. In the afternoon, go for something relaxing like mint or chamomile.
10. Natural sweeteners – if you like sweet things, make sure that you use natural sweeteners like raw honey and maple syrup.