Want to start maximizing your Paleo diet options? Take a look at these awesome recipes for delicious ways to start your day 100% Paleo. Getting comfortable with a whole new style of cooking may take some time for those new to the Paleo diet. Sometimes it’s hard to imagine breakfast favorites like hash browns or toast, but these clever substitutes will keep you on the path to success with your health goals! Making the transition away from processed foods, refined grains, and excessive carbohydrates will leave you feeling more fit and able to tackle life’s everyday challenges.
Sweet Potato Hash With Fried Eggs (NomNom Paleo)
With any food processor at hand this awesome spin of hash and eggs can be yours at breakfast. But don’t stop there, this recipe can turn into a side dish for your favorite entrée or fill your dinner table. Just add bacon!
For the hash:
• 1 large garnet yam (I use the term yam and sweet potato interchangeably)
• 1 big pinch of kosher salt
• Several turns of freshly ground black pepper
• A few shakes of garlic powder
• A couple of dashes of onion powder
• A sprinkle of dried herbs
• 2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used lard)
• Aleppo pepper (optional)
For the eggs:
• 4 large eggs (2 per serving)
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Aleppo pepper (optional)
• Grab several yams.
• Slice and shred yams with a food processor.
• Add herbs and seasoning
• Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium heat, when the pan is warm add the seasoned yams.
• Toss and cook down until yams achieve a crispy consistency.
• Gently crack eggs into a non-stick pan over low heat
• Cook sunny side up and season lightly with salt and pepper.
• Serve eggs over the bed of crispy sweet potato hash and enjoy,
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers (Paleo Leap)
• 4 bell peppers, sliced in half, core and seeds removed
• 8 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1 onions, diced
• 3 cups baby spinach
• 1 tomato, diced
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• Bacon, ham, and/or sausages, pre-cooked (optional)
• 1 tbsp. cooking fat
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat your oven to 375 F.
• Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-heat.
• Sauté the onion until soft, about 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes.
• Add the spinach and cook until witted, about 1 or 2 minutes.
• Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
• Divide the vegetable mixture equally among the bell pepper halves
• Top off each bell pepper half with some of the beaten eggs, and add the meat of your choice, if using.
• Place the stuffed peppers in the oven, on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
If you like these breakfast recipes, take a look at some other Paleo friendly recipes here on my website!