The Paleo diet is the healthiest weight loss program around, and is the only nutritional approach that works with people’s genetics, to keep them slim, strong, and bounding with energy. Foods associated with the Paleo diet also help to reduce the development of degenerative diseases like heart problems, cancer, diabetes, and obesity, to name but a few, that are cause by today’s processed foods. Following are just 3
Fall Paleo Recipes You Need to live a healthy, energetic and happy life.
Roasted Tomato Soup
• 4 Large ripe tomatoes
• ½ Medium yellow onion
• 5 Cloves of garlic
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped, plus extra to use as a garnish
• 1-1/2 Cups of vegetable broth
• 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
• Salt and pepper according to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut onion and tomato into wedges, spread out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper, salt, and chopped parsley, and toss gently, using your hands. Press garlic into tomato to prevent it from burning. Roast for about 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are about half size. Remove from oven and stand to cool.
3. Warm the vegetable broth on medium heat in a large saucepan, stirring in the tomato paste. Add the roasted vegetables and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or blend in a food processor, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
• 1 Tablespoon of ghee or butter
• ½ Cup of button mushrooms or sliced cremini
• ½ Cup of fresh baby spinach
• 8 Eggs
• 3 Tablespoons of either coconut or almond milk
• 1 Teaspoon nutritional yeast (For SCD, use I tablespoon parmesan cheese)
• ½ Teaspoon dehydrated oregano
• ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
• 1 Thinly sliced tomato
• 2 Ounces of sugar and nitrate free pepperoni
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a 10-inch oven proof skillet, and saute spinach and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix together the eggs, nutritional yeast, milk, sea salt, and oregano with a whisk, and pour into the skillet. Remove from the stove, and spread pepperoni and tomatoes over the top.
4. Place skillet in the oven, bake for ten minutes or until eggs are properly cooked.
Coconut, Vanilla, and Almond Butter Smoothie
Vanilla Date Smoothie
• 1 Cup of tinned coconut milk, shaken
• ¼ Cup of almond milk
• 10 Small dates
• 1 Teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract
• 2 Cups of ice
• Sweet leaf Stevia vanilla crème or Truvia, according to taste
• Vanilla protein powder (Optional)
1. Add all ingredients to the blender except the ice, and puree well.
2. Add ice and blend until all the ice is crushed, and the mixture smooth and well blended.
3. Pour into glasses, and serve immediately.