This New Year, you have decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle and are looking to achieve this by following a diet program. If you have been searching for diet programs to follow, it’s likely that you have encountered the Paleo diet. After all, it’s very popular in the fitness community now and you’ve read that it helped many people with their fitness goals. Well to start off, Paleo isn’t some sort of miracle diet because it will require you a great deal of hard work and discipline to succeed.
To help you out, we have some tips for you to live by while you’re on your Paleo journey:
• Pre-plan your meals a couple of days ahead of time. This is particularly of great benefit when you’re a beginner. Having a meal plan will allow you to know which ingredients to shop for and which meals to cook.
• Cook your meat in bulk. The slow cooker or crock pot is a superb tool for this. Invest in a good slow cooker.
• Consume homemade broth on a regular basis to enhance your immune system and provide you with strength. Make use of it as a base for your soups and stews, or just drink directly from a mug.
• Allocate the perfect time to prepare your meals each and every week. It won’t be long before this becomes a good habit.
• Keep a well-stocked fridge. Make sure that you Paleo essentials like smoked salmon, chicken and hardboiled eggs in there.
• Look for a brand-new recipe or two every week to make for supper. This will help steer clear of boredom and will keep your Paleo journey an interesting one.
• With regards to substitutes, don’t consider how to replace the food you once ate before you started Paleo. You don’t need to grieve the loss of foodstuff which makes you sick. Just keep your eyes ahead to new horizons.
• Among the most difficult things about going Paleo is the social pressure to eat junk. When going to social gatherings, make sure that you have a plan.
• Going Paleo is not merely “flipping the switch”, it will take time before you can completely adjust.
• Keep in mind: this is well worth the initial adjustment phase. It truly is. The simple reason why long-timers seem over-enthusiastic sometimes is because they feel a lot better.
• Take your Paleo journey one day at a time, it gets easier, we promise.
For more information on paleo and my background in the subject, please take a look at this interview on Inspirery.com.