Many people want to live the healthy lifestyle and become more active. People want those perfect six-pack abs bodies. However, it seems that not everyone wants to put in the work and commitment to achieve the results. Many of us are simply unmotivated to get off the couch, start eating well and actively sweating it out. One of the main challenges of becoming fit is actually getting it all started – take the first step towards a healthier life.
If you are struggling with taking that first step, here are some tips that will motivate you to get off that couch and exercise now:
• Get a workout buddy – it can be your friend or a colleague. Just get someone who will be traveling the same path as you are.
With a workout buddy, things will become less intimidating and you’ll end up motivating and inspiring each other.
• Workout for with an ultimate goal – it’s good that you want to look good in clothes but don’t forget that adopting a healthy lifestyle is all about being healthy. Always remember that you will be doing this for your overall health.
• Devote yourself to paleo– this can be a good way to inspire yourself to eat well. Follow the regiments of paleo and the results will surprise you.
• Don’t think – simply get in your gym clothes, put your shoes on and drive. Half of the battle is just showing up. Just get yourself to the gym and you’ve already won half the battle.
• Don’t fear going out to dinner – this is the 21st century we live in now, restaurants adapt to people’s healthy eating lifestyles. Go out and enjoy, just make sure to stay disciplined and follow paleo guidelines.
• Find an activity you enjoy – if you hate running in the treadmill or spinning classes, you don’t have to do it. Find an exercise routine that you actually enjoy in order to stay motivated. Working out is about having fun, not a chore.
• Proximity – join a gym or do an activity that’s close to where you live or work. If significant travel time is required to get to your fitness center, then you will only have more excuses not to go.
• Pack Lunches – this is the easiest way to eat well and save a buck or two on food. Pack your paleo inspired lunches each day and even bring a few portion conscious snacks to help beat those afternoon cravings.
What are some suggestions that others can use to get motivated? Please leave me a comment!